• Consumers
  • Financial Professionals

Nov 5 2012 12:00AM

RSS | What is RSS?


I maxed out contributions to my SEP IRA, what other investment options should I consider?


Depending on your income level and your financial objectives, you have several options to consider:

  • IRAs: you can make a contribution to you and or your spouse’s IRA or ROTH IRA, recognizing there are limitations on it being tax-deductable and income phase-outs.
  • Annuities: you can contribute to a tax-deferred annuity that would defer the income to a future date of your choosing. There are guarantees associated with some of these that would allow you to protect principle along with a minimum rate of return.
  • Investing: you can contribute in a non-qualified investment brokerage account where your investments can grow, seeking to realize long term capital gains and possibly a lower tax rate.

You have choices, it just depends on what you want to accomplish. We recommend you consult with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional from the Financial Planning Association to help you make smart financial decisions to achieve your goals.


Have a Question?

You may submit a general financial planning question by completing the "Ask a Planner" form. Please be aware your question may be considered for inclusion on FPA's Web site feature, Question of the Week. To protect the privacy of individuals, questions will remain anonymous.

Ask a Planner

FPA's "Ask a Planner" service is intended for educational purposes only. Please be aware that complete data has not been gathered, alternatives have not been considered and a financial planning engagement has not been established. More>

Find a Planner

Find a planner Choose from 1,000s of financial planners, all of whom adhere to FPA's Code of Ethics.