July 9, 2014
KeyBank is hiring a Wealth Associate
About the Job:
The objective of the Wealth Associate Role (WA) is to support the in-field financial planner (FP) and Investment Solutions Specialist (ISS) in each respective market. In some cases the WA will also support the Regional Financial Planning Manager and Wealth Specialst roles. The Wealth Associate role should enhance and increase the efficiencies of the FP and ISS by assisting the financial planner and ISS in 3 key areas: Client Experience, Sales Support, and Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
In every client case the WA must establish a relationship with the members of the selected relationship management team in order to help with team coordination and to better serve the financial planning needs of the prospect and or client relationship. Other important aspects of the WA role include; supporting the FP and ISS in their overall revenue and DHP goals, fostering trust and communication and facilitating planning within WAS’s professional segmentations, Insurance, financial planning, Investment Management and Trust Fiduciary Services platform. In addition, WA’s may serve the regional financial planning manager with HR related tasks. WA’s help coordinate and schedule meetings with prospects, clients and the relationship team to include discovery meetings, client pre-calls and post-calls. In addition, the WA will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Keep track of the FP(s) and ISS(s) calendar, answer the phone in their absence
• Maintain weekly and/or monthly Pipeline reports and aid in IM&T reporting.
• Maintain office-wide COI database and distribution lists.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with prospects, clients and the relationship team including discovery meetings, client pre-calls and post-calls.
• Create meeting agendas.
• Create Marketing materials.
• Assist the FP and ISS to create customized presentations, marketing pitch books and or marketing campaigns, COI databases.
• Assist the FP and ISS to customize prospect and or client presentations focused on investment strategy and or planning solutions.
• Help to create Power Point presentations.
• Create notes and records in CE Desktop (KeyBank’s client Contact Management System).
• For each planning event, ensure all CFP disclosure documents and confidentiality agreements are readily available for
the planner to give to each prospect and/or client to sign and keep the documents on file.
• Assist in gathering client financial and other pertinent data from team members.
• Organize client data and obtain familiarization with the client’s situation.
• Scan, copy, and create files for each client relationship.
• Send all relevant client data and documents to the Central Planning Team to begin financial planning process.
• Assist in plan preparation and presentation.
• Create agendas, assemble and package information for plan completion, coordinate and gather all final presentation materials for client meetings, print and make copies of financial plans and presentation documents, and bind financial plans for client presentations.
• Create, coordinate and keep track of client events, seminars, branch initiatives, line of business partner education programs, KIS partnerships, projects and other relevant functions focused around prospects, clients, and community involvement.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year prior experience in a sales support role
• General knowledge/understanding of fiduciary, financial services and investment products
• Demonstrated proficiency and effectiveness in client service skills (including handling client/prospect and COI inquiries and relationships), communications skills (including verbal, phone and written), problem resolution skills, and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail with high level of accuracy in data entry
• Demonstrated proficiency and effectiveness in organizational skills including the ability to balance multiple requests
• and prioritize tasks in an efficient manner in order to support multiple people
• Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively in team environment
• Ability to multi-task, quickly change direction with an independent work ethic and the ability to take a project to full
• Ability to anticipate needs and use independent judgment given limited supervision
• Ability to exercise discretion due to accessing and handling highly sensitive information
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree or or 3+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of work/educational background
• Para Planner certificate
• Previous financial planning experience
Interested applicants can apply online at www.key.com/careers.
Reference Job Opening ID 100000003.