FPA is the largest membership organization for personal financial planning experts in the U.S. and includes professionals from all backgrounds and business models. FPA members adhere to the highest standards of professional competence, ethical conduct and clear, complete disclosure to those they serve.
A financial professional from FPA can help you:
- Set realistic financial and personal goals
- Assess your current financial health by examining your assets, liabilities, income, insurance, taxes, investments, and estate plan
- Develop a realistic, comprehensive plan to meet your financial goals by addressing financial weaknesses and building on financial strengths
- Put your plan into action and monitor your progress
- Stay on track to meet changing goals, personal circumstances, stages of your life, products, markets and tax laws
FPA PlannerSearch® is a large database of financial planning experts who meet the following criteria:
- Are a current member of FPA in good standing
- Are a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Are a RIA or bank affiliate*
- Adhere to FPA's Code of Ethics
- Abide by the FPA Standard of Care
*In accordance with FPA policy, participants in FPA PlannerSearch must be affiliated wtih a state or SEC-registered investment adviser or a state or federally chartered trust or banking institution, unless they are otherwise exempt from registration.