About My Practice
I manage investments for individuals, trusts, retirement plans, charitable organizations, and businesses. I act as a portfolio manager on privately managed accounts and help clients meet their goals using a disciplined investment approach. I currently live in south Huntsville, AL with my wife (Kyong), daughter (Sofa), i and son (Luke).
I have Series 7 (General Securities), Series 66 (Investment Advisor), and Series 31 (Managed Futures) security registrations. I am licensed with Life and Health Insurance which allows me to help clients with life, annuity, disability, and long term care insurance needs.
Making sure your wealth continues to work in support of the goals you have established takes careful planning. Such planning is not a single event – it is a process. As your life circumstances change, so must the investment strategies I use to stay on course toward meeting your objectives. That is why I work with you, one on one, to design investment strategies targeted to your specific needs and goals. Although I do not provide tax advice, I will help you stay current with tax law changes and estate plan issues to help preserve and protect your wealth – now and for generations to come.
My experiences have shaped my approach to investing:
• Degree in Systems and Industrial Engineering from Auburn University (Magna Cum Laude) has taught me importance of discipline and methodical investment approach.
• Certified Financial Planning ™ certificate has taught me that investments are only a part of comprehensive financial plan.
• Experience as a research analyst at an institutional hedge fund has taught me complex strategies usually are not best approach for most investors.
• Being invested in 2000-2002 and 2008-2009 stock market declines has taught me importance of controlling fear/greed and the importance of risk management.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 7, 6, 63, 65, 66
Life insurance: AL, TN, Health/disability insurance: AL, TN, Fixed annuities: AL, TN, Variable annuities: AL, TN
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Other - AAMS
Considerations: I charge portfolio management fee based on assets under management. That fee covers all financial planning, account, and investment management services.
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.
Your planner has been saved.
To view, print, or e-mail your saved planners anytime during your visit, click the Saved Planners link to the right.