Professional Focus and Services
Since 1983, I have been helping individuals and families simplify and demystify the world of money. I help clients learn the language and mechanics of money and assist in determining or re-setting life priorities. Your money and earning power are, after all, tools to be used to realize your life's purpose. This approach is called "life planning."
In January of 2012 I merged my sole practice with that of another planner's and together with a third planner, we purchased the practice of a retiring planner. We are now called Communitas Financial Planning Inc. Communitas is a fiduciary and is required by law and ethics to make decisions and recommendations in the client's best interests and not in the company's or any individual employee's.
My purpose in life and in business is to help heal and repair a world where corporate and personal "profit at any cost" has seriously impinged upon our planet's sustainability. As a financial planner and investment adviser, I am compelled to offer my clients socially responsible and environmentally sound investment options.
Free Get-Acquainted Meeting
I offer a free one hour "get-acquainted" meeting. After reviewing some basic information you have provided in advance, I listen deeply, ask probing questions, and learn about your goals, dreams, desires, and your relationship to money. This time is also your opportunity to interview me and determine if you want to work with me, or not.
The financial planning and asset management services I offer are built on the concepts of "thriveability" and "interdependence."
- Thriveability. The capacity to flourish without encroaching on the quality of other's lives.
- Interdependence. A state of wholeness or integrity of an individual's relationships with self, family, community, and spirit.
Financial Planning Services
- Defining financial goals and objectives, developing cash flow and net worth statements, and developing tax minimizing strategies
- Review of existing investment portfolios
- Portfolio design and asset allocation
- Retirement planning strategies for individuals and small businesses
- Estate planning and charitable giving
- Risk management, planning, and review (insurance)
- Education planning
- Evaluating real estate purchase, mortgage or refinance transactions
- Financial planning for new, newer, and established LGBT and heterosexual families
As an investment advisory representative of Communitas Financial Planning Inc., I work with you to develop investment objectives based on your financial plan, risk tolerance, time horizon, and personal values. I work with the investment professionals at First Affirmative Financial Network, who specialize in Socially Responsible Investing, to design investment portfolios to meet your specific needs. First Affirmative provides investment management and performance reporting. I meet with you at least annually to review performance reports, and monitor progress.
Communitas Financial a "fee-only" planning and investment management services firm. You can contract me for financial planning on a one-time, as-needed, or on-going basis. Though financial planning and investment management are tightly integrated, planning fees are separate from fees from investment management services. Investment management is based on a percentage of the assets under management in your account(s). Financial planning is billed on an hourly basis. Neither Communitas nor anyone at the firm receives commissions, referral fees, trails, or payouts from insurance companies or other entities for services we provide to you. Fees are agreed upon in advance and fully disclosed.
- First Affirmative Financial Network
- Garrett Planning Network
- Member, Social Investment Forum
- Green America
- Financial Planning Association, San Francisco Chapter
- Green Chamber of Commerce
- B-Labs. Communitas is a certified B corporation
- Sha'ar Zahar Synagogue
- Re-evaluation Counseling
Jim Frazin is the principal and an Investment Advisory Representative of Communitas Financial Planning. Communitas Financial Planning Inc. Communitas Financial Planning is an independent Registered Investment Advisor in California. Communitas Financial Planning and The Garrett Planning Network are neither affiliates nor subsidiaries of each other.
The credentials CFP® and AIF® listed above bear trademarks.