About My Practice
Cornerstone Wealth Management is nationally acclaimed for our delivery of independent, comprehensive fee-based financial planning. Our trained professionals are more than advisors. They’re partners—ready and able to help you define and achieve your personal financial goals.
We believe in the value of independent, comprehensive financial planning. Our purpose is to help you determine what is important to you and bring congruity between your actions and your values. Our expectation is to build a committed relationship with you over your lifetime. To do this, we work under the umbrella of core beliefs:
- Financial planning involves maximizing your wealth. At Cornerstone Wealth Management, Inc., we define wealth as integrating your life goals with your financial objectives.
- We help you strike a healthy balance between all of your personal and financial resources throughout your life using a Life Planning process.
- The level of communication between us will determine success. Financial planning is personal, so we often ask that you share with us some of the many things that you don’t share with anyone but your family.
- We believe in integrating the key areas of financial planning – asset protection, financial independence planning, debt management, investment planning, estate planning, and business succession and continuity. We believe all of these areas are integral for achieving your personal financial success.
- We do not believe in timing the market. We believe that if your time horizon is greater than three years, you should accept some of the volatility risks of the equities market. For those needs that occur in less than three years, you should not accept this risk.
- We believe that if we make mistakes, we must correct them. But first, we must know of them. Please talk to us so that we may do so.
- We believe that a competent and fulfilled staff is critical to execute our mission. We treat our staff with respect and ask that you would as well.
- We believe that we should like and trust each other. If that ever stops happening, we believe our relationship needs to be reevaluated.
- We believe that you should be as involved in your plan as we are. This means that we will often ask you for help in gathering information or talking with other advisors who may have this information.
We believe in the value of synergy. A competent, healthy communication and exchange of ideas between all related advisors is essential to achieving the desired success for you.
Statement of Vision
To build a Wealth Management business that is valued by clients as their most important asset, contribute to the growth and development of the industry and the impact it has on other professionals and the people it serves, build a trusted and respected name, and become viewed by friends and family as a source of pride.
Statement of Purpose
To enhance the economic well-being and quality of life of the clients served. Honoring this commitment allows us to earn their trust and endorsement, and become a long-term friend and advisor.
Advisors with Cornerstone Wealth Management are Registered Representatives with, and securities are offered through LPL Financial Member FINRA/SIPC. For a list of states which we are registered to do business, please visit www.cornerstonewmi.com.
Prior to personal financial planning, Rich Arzaga CFP®, CCIM served in senior-level positions for 18 years for a cross section of entrepreneurial, high-growth, and Fortune 500 companies. His role as Executive Vice President of a technology startup significantly contributed to the business being sold for $326MM. Today, Rich applies this same acumen to advising his clients on a variety of personal financial planning and life planning matters. His strategies have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Time, Investor’s Business Daily, The Journal of Financial Planning, The Journal of Accountancy, Real Estate Business, Kiplinger Retirement Newsletter, and other business and finance magazines.
Rich is an adjunct professor in the UC Berkeley Personal Financial Planning program, and has been recognized for excellence in teaching. He has appeared twice at the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, and ranked among Worth Magazine’s Top 250 Wealth Advisor in the Nation in 2008-2009.
Rich is the Founder and CEO of Cornerstone Wealth Management San Ramon, and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. His clientèle include real estate investors, business owners, sole proprietors, business executives, and affluent families.
Rich’s education includes graduating with distinction from the Personal Financial Planning Program at UC Berkeley, a BA from San Jose State University, and Graduate Studies in Management at Northwestern University J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 7, 24, 66
Life insurance, Fixed annuities, Variable annuities
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Other - CCIM, CLTC, CDFA, CRB
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.