About My Practice
Halcyon Wealth Management, LLC, is a registered investment advisor in the state of Georgia. I serve Peachtree City and the surrounding Atlanta area. I established the firm with two things in mind – to provide objective, unbiased advice and seamlessly remove some of the complexities and stress from people’s lives. I offer the following services - Wealth Management, Investment Management and Financial Planning. I also offer financial planning services on an hourly fee basis. I work with both traditional and non-traditional households. Please visit my website, Halcyon Wealth Management, for more information.
Investment Management includes....
- Developing an Investment Policy Statement unique to you.
- Recommending a target portfolio based on your risk tolerance and time-frame for investing.
- Utilizing DFA Funds (Dimensional Fund Advisors) in all model portfolios.
- Taking advantage of tax-managed fund choices to make the portfolio more tax efficient.
- Monitoring your portfolio on a regular basis.
- Rebalancing your portfolio to remain on target…being mindful of trade costs and possible capital gains and/or losses.
Financial Planning services....
Halcyon Wealth Management will develop a comprehensive financial plan based on your specific lifestyle, goals, spending, and assets. I will then help you to implement this plan. Your plan will include the following areas:
- Risk Management/Insurance Planning – Even the best financial strategy can be derailed by death, disability, or other catastrophic events. We will work together to identify these risks and make sure your hard-earned assets are protected.
- Estate Planning – Everything you’ve worked so hard to accumulate could become a nightmare very quickly if your estate planning documents are not in order. I will work with you and your estate attorney to ensure your wealth transfer wishes are met.
- Tax Planning – Who isn’t looking for a way to reduce taxes? Almost every aspect of financial planning provides opportunities to minimize taxes. I can also review your tax returns to identify other possible opportunities.
- Retirement Planning – The ultimate question is usually “Will I be able to retire when I want?” Whether you are just starting your career, in the middle of your career, or nearing retirement, we can work together to make sure the strategy is sound. How much should you save in order to achieve your goals? What are the chances your money will last through your lifetime?
Wealth Management combines all of the elements of Investment Management and Financial Planning on an ongoing basis. Together we will work to make sure you stay on track to meet your goals.
Prior to establishing Halcyon Wealth Management, I was with a fee-only firm in Atlanta for 5 1/2 years. While there, I gained valuable experience both as Support Advisor for the owner’s clients (approximately 85 clients) and as Relationship Manager for my own clients. The services that I provided clients included Retirement Planning, Tax Planning, Insurance Planning, and Estate Planning. In addition, I specialized in Portfolio Management and Asset Allocation and was also the Trade Desk Manager for the firm.
I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. I completed the Financial Planning Program at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta. I also hold the Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM designation from the College for Financial Planning. Please see more details about this designation on my website. I am a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
In 1981, I graduated with High Honors from Georgia Tech with a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering. After graduating, I went to work for Mobil Oil in Beaumont, TX, where I worked for 14 years designing computer systems and later as a financial analyst. I then moved back to Georgia and opened a Mail Boxes Etc. franchise. Being the owner/operator of a franchise gave me great insight into what it takes to be a small business owner.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Other - Accredited Domestic Partnership Advisor
Considerations: I provide Investment Management and Financial Planning for individuals and couples - both traditional and non-traditional. I believe in establishing long-term relationships and always put my clients' best interests first.
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.
Your planner has been saved.
To view, print, or e-mail your saved planners anytime during your visit, click the Saved Planners link to the right.