Julie is the founder and principal of Generations Financial and Fiduciary Services. She has spent the last 15 years serving prominent family groups, senior executives, entrepreneurs, team owners, athletes and artists. As founder of GenFi, Julie is responsible directing firm investment policy and firm-wide strategic planning. She focuses on management of client relationships and investment portfolios.
Julie founded GenFi to address a critical need in the investment advisory industry. An overwhelming number of financial advisory firms make claims of independence, objectivity, open architecture, and client advocacy. The reality here is this: very few advisors truly have the ability to deliver real independence without limitations in a meaningful way to their clients. GenFi was founded to advance this mission:
- Guiding clients to their best financial decisions as truly independent advocates
- Listening, understanding, and working in collaboration with clients on their concerns and objectives
- Bringing access to the best resources available and maximizing long term client net worth
- Delivering valuable insights and thought leadership along with a higher level of knowledge and service
- Bringing diligent, open, and ongoing research on the best ways to implement our consulting and planning efforts
Julie brings together a unique combination of Investment Bank, Big 4 Accounting, Money Manager and Boutique Wealth Management firm experience. Prior to forming GenFi, Julie served as Vice President for InterOcean Wealth Management as well as Credit Suisse. She also provided comprehensive investment, tax and financial planning to clients at Deloitte. In her early career, Julie focused on tax and advisory work with the Chicago CPA firm of Wineberg, Solheim, Howell, and Shain.
Julie earned a Bachelor of Science degree with a double major in Finance and Accounting and minor in Economics from Western Michigan University. She is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Series 7, 65 and 63 securities licensed. She is a member of the Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA), and the Financial Planning Association.