About My Practice
Vermillion Financial Advisors (VFA) specializes in serving clients ages fifty and above who are concerned with the transition into and throughout retirement. Advisors limit the number clients each works with at one time so they can be sure that they can properly serve the needs of those clients who choose to work with VFA. VFA services best fits those who are have come into a windfall (resulting from rolling over a retirement plan, inheritance, lawsuit settlement or sale of business) and wish to eliminating many of the conflicts of interest clients commonly found when working with other advisors who work on commission. VFA does not charge commissions on investments; mark-up securities or sells clients investments that is held in inventory which are all common practice in many other firms. VFA works on a fully disclosed fee basis, charging for staff time, (by the hour, the project, a flat annual fee for financial planning or a percentage of assets). The choice of fee methods is determined by client preference.
The key financial issues clients seek VFA's help are:
· Financial Plan Design – Inventory of all current financial data and long term goals followed by the necessary analysis to assist clients in the planning the solutions to their financial future including investments, retirement, income taxes, spending habits, insurance coverages, wealth transfer and major event/expense planning.
· Designing Appropriate Investments Portfolios and Goals - Analyzing current investment holdings for appropriateness followed by proper design and selection followed by on-going investment monitoring.
· Retirement Projections and Portfolio Distributions - Projections of resources available throughout retirement and strategies which help clients select the best method and the proper level of income to withdraw from investments to sustain a secure retirement.
· Income Tax Reduction Strategies - Which allows clients to keep more of their wealth.
· Wealth Transfer – How to transfer assets to loved ones in a manner that is appropriate.
· Estate Planning - How to protect assets in the case of lawsuit or incapacitation.
· Business Planning – Assisting business owners with the growth or transition of their company, how to address key issues such as when to make capital expenses, when and how to hire employees, employee benefits, updating sales and marketing plans and most importantly ways to improve cash flow.
Mark S. La Spisa, CFP, CFS, has more than 20 years experience in financial planning industry. Mark's designations include Certified Financial Planner and and Certified Fund Specialist. Mark has served on many boards of directors and committees related to the future of the financial planning profession. Mark's background includes extensive training in investments, retirement, estate planning, accounting, insurance, and business planning.
Mark is an accomplished public speaker who conducts numerous seminars yearly on an array of financial planning topics such as investments, retirement and estate planning. He serves as an expert resource for the media regularly and has been featured in numerous articles, radio and television shows including: CBS's 60 Minutes, the Chicago Tribune's "Ask an Expert" in, Chicago Sun Times, USA Today, Smart Money, Bloomberg, Mutual Fund Magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and Money magazine, Additionally, Mark has been interviewed by Clark Weber formerly of WJJD, Floyd Brown of WGN, and Anne Hengehold of WLIT just to mention a few. Mark's firm has been ranked as a top Wealth Manager firm by Bloomberg Magazine 2000-2005.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 7, 6, 24, 53, 63
Life insurance: IL, Health/disability insurance: IL, Property/casualty: IL, Fixed annuities: IL, Variable annuities: IL
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Other - Certified Fund Specialist - CFS
We believe having an affilation would cause a conflict of interest and would require us to sell investments on a commission basis which is not something we are comfortable doing.
Considerations: Our firm offers the unique option of choosing between either individually customized or predesigned investment management services. Clients can choose the service that best fits their desire/need for personalized service as well as budget.
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.