About My Practice
I left Syracuse in 1993 and worked with Ezra Cornell at Smith Barney in Ithaca, NY, which was a great opportunity. Five years later, I was recruited by M & T Bank to work with their Investment Group and seemed again like another good step. I covered NY and PA as a wholesaler for their mutual fund and wrap program, Portfolio Architect, and did very well with that. The travel began to wear me down, and a portfolio manager position back in Syracuse opened up, so I applied and got the job in October 2008. Needless to say, our group saw lots of volatility and did much handholding. Our account and client size actually grew significantly during my tenure, but as big banks do, they cost cut and eliminated many of the portfolio manager positions. I opened up my own shop in 2011, Arabella Wealth Advisors, and I see this as my last stop.
At Arabella Wealth Advisors, we see you, your life, and the way you should invest from a unique perspective. Where you want to go in life – and managing the risks that can hamper your progress – is what really matters. Here are the five steps we’ll take to get you there:
(1) In Discovery we’ll help clarify your life goals, and arrange them by timeframe and priority. We’ll explore how specific goals fit into the greater picture of your life and we’ll challenge your previous investment assumptions if they only focused on your immediate financial concerns.
(2) A comprehensive Assessment of the needs and issues surrounding each of your goals and develop a clearer perspective for what needs to be done. You’ll have complete clarity regarding your risks as well as your opportunities.
(3) An Evaluation of options and numerous goals-based scenarios can help reveal how you can ultimately use your wealth to achieve your most significant objectives.
(4) We will work within a disciplined environment towards Implementation of a program whose elements remain consistent with your life’s goals. We’ll make your vision come to life.
(5) By Monitoring & Adjusting your program, we’ll help you anticipate and deal with life’s inevitable changes. We’re prepared to help with the unexpected, and ready to recommend options for adjusting your life and wealth program striving to continually supports the way you want to live.
Securities and advisory services offered through Multi-Financial Securities Corporation, member FINRA, SIPC.
Investment advisory services and securities offered through Multi-Financial Securities Corporation, member FINRA/SIPC. Arabella Wealth Advisors is not affiliated with Multi-Financial Securities Corporation.
Investments are : not guaranteed * not FDIC Insured * may lose value
David W. Treichler, CFP™, CLU is the Owner and Branch Manager at Arabella Wealth Advisors. In this role, Treichler provides high net worth investment management solutions to his clients. He brings regional investment experience and strong knowledge in both the retail and institutional markets. David specializes in portfolio construction and asset allocation strategies utilizing a holistic team approach.
Treichler, as Vice President and Senior Portfolio Manager for the M & T Investment Group in Syracuse, NY, managed over 160 million in client assets and 200 relationships. Prior to being Senior Portfolio Manager, he was the Regional Wholesaler for the MTB Group of Funds and Portfolio Architect supporting New York State and Northeast PA. His other experience includes investment positions with Smith Barney and Northwestern Mutual.
Treichler is a CFP™ certificant, and a current member of the Financial Planning Association. Previously David served as President of the Estate Planning Council in Ithaca, and President of the Jaycee Network of Ithaca. He has also appeared several times as a guest on WCNY’s “Financial Fitness” and is a member of the Center State Corporation for Economic Opportunity, and the American Association of Individual Investors. He lives in Baldwinsville with his wife and three sons where he coaches in Little League and Pop Warner.
David is dedicated to developing lasting relationships with all his clients. He believes in helping you assess your financial goals and participate in the management of your finances.
One of the benefits of working with Dave is his ability to provide clear, easily understood explanations of financial products and services. The personalized program that he can provide is a roadmap to working toward your financial future.
We're looking forward to using our expertise to help you pursue your financial goals.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 7, 6, 24, 63, 65
Life insurance: NY, CT, PA, NE, Health/disability insurance: NY, CT, PA, NE, Fixed annuities: NY, CT, PA, NE
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Other - CLU
Multi Financial Corporation
Securities and advisory services offered through Multi-Financial Securities Corporation, member FINRA, SIPC. Investment advisory services and securities offered through Multi-Financial Securities Corporation, member FINRA/SIPC. Arabella Wealth Advisors is not affiliated with Multi-Financial Securities Corporation. Investments are : not guaranteed * not FDIC Insured * may lose value
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.