About My Practice
Why I Do What I Do
When I was a child, money, or the-lack-thereof, was always an issue in my family. Many of my family members lived paycheck to paycheck and did not know the first thing about saving for retirement. When choosing my career path, I decided to go into a field where I could help educate people on personal finances, assist them in setting their goals, and create a financial plan to help achieve their goals.
How I Do What I Do
Financial Planning is the process of meeting your life goals through the proper management of your finances. Financial Planning provides direction and meaning to your financial decisions. It allows you to understand how each financial decision you make may affect other areas of your finances.
Investment Advisory Services
I can develop an investment strategy for clients, which involves (1) Identifying Your Financial Goals, (2) Develop An Asset Allocation Strategy, (3) Selecting Specific Investments, and (4) Monitoring Performance. I have my Series 7 license, which allows me to sell security products, such as Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Variable Life Insurance products.
Retirement Plan Consulting
I assist Employers with the Retirement Plan that they offer to employees, which involves designing and establishing, the plan, selecting and monitoring the investments offered in the plan, educating the employees on various personal financial topics, and benchmarking the platform every 3-5 years.
I am in the Financial Services industry because of my strong desire and passion to help improve people's lives and their financial future. I have found that many investment professionals will only work with individuals who have a certain “net worth”, not me. I actually want to work with people who are not yet where they want to be financially, because I want to help them get there!
Jennifer Preston’s Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science in Business from Wright State University located in Dayton, Ohio.
- Over 12 years' experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Securities registrations held: Series 63, Series 65 and Series 7
- Insurance Licenses held: Life and Health Insurance Counselor and General Lines Agent
- Authorized in June 2010 by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board) to use the Certification Marks, Certified Financial PlannerTM or the abbreviated, CFP® in accordance with CFP Board certification and renewal requirements. These marks identify individuals who have met the rigorous education, experience and ethical requirements of the CFP Board.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 7, 63, 65
Life insurance: Texas, Variable annuities: Texas
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
FSC Securities Corp.
Jennifer Preston is a Registered Representative offering securities and investment advisory services through FSC Securities Corporation, member FINRA and a SEC-registered investment advisor. The Daily Financial Clarity is not affiliated with FSC Corporation or registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the state of Texas.
Considerations: Fee Only Financial Planning
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.
Your planner has been saved.
To view, print, or e-mail your saved planners anytime during your visit, click the Saved Planners link to the right.