About My Practice
Twin Peaks Management, LLC is an Independent Fee-Only Registered Investment Advisor ("RIA") offering the following advisory services to clients:
• Investment Advisory Services.
• Financial Planning & Consulting.
• Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plan Consulting & Fiduciary Services.
Twin Peak’s Owner and President, C Scott Cheney, ChFC®, CLU®, CASL®, CFP,® is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and has served clients in the financial services industry since 2002.
Independent Fee-Only Advisor
As an Independent, Fee-Only RIA, Twin Peaks offers customized, non-proprietary advisory services solely in its Clients’ best interest. Twin Peaks is held to a Fiduciary Standard of Care which means, in part:
• Put the client's best interests first; and
• Disclose and fairly manage all material conflicts of interest.
Twin Peaks is a “fee-only” advisor, which means that advisory fees are the only source of compensation received for advisory services provided to clients. The other types of advisors are “Fee-Based” or “Commission-Only.” Fee-Based advisors may provide advisory services for advisory fees and/or sell financial products for a commission. Commission-Only advisors do not provide advisory services in a fiduciary capacity, but (only) sell financial products for a commission.
Types of Clients
Wasatch works with clients in a variety of different professions and industries, but many clients are employed professionals and/or business owners in the medical, legal, and IT industries. Most Clients live along the Wasatch Front and Wasatch Back in close proximity to Salt Lake City area.
Twin Peaks has no income or asset minimum for clients interested in advice on a specific area of their finances, a simple financial checkup, or a financial plan without ongoing investment advisory services.
Twin Peaks has a 250K investable asset minimum (including 401k, 529 Plans, etc.) for clients interested in comprehensive wealth management services and an ongoing relationship with a proactive advisor.
For more information, please visit www.twinpeakswealth.com
- University of Utah; Bachelor of Science in Philosophy; June 1993
- Twin Peaks Wealth Management, LLC; President, Wealth Management Advisor; 01/2013 - Present
- Northwestern Mutual; Wealth Management Advisor; 06/2010 – 11/2012
- Northwestern Mutual; Financial Advisor; 05/2008 – 06/2010
- University of Utah; David Eccles School of Business Dept of Finance; Adjunct Faculty; 01/2009 – 05/2011
- Northwestern Mutual; Financial Representative; 08/2002 – 05/2008
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 7, 6, 63, 66
Life insurance: Multiple States, Health/disability insurance: Multiple States, Fixed annuities: Multiple States
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Other - Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), CASL®
Considerations: Advisory services are offered on a fee only basis. Mr. Cheney is an insurance agent and Chartered Life Underwriter who offers to write insurance only for individuals who are not receiving advisory services (in order to avoid a conflict of interest).
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.
Your planner has been saved.
To view, print, or e-mail your saved planners anytime during your visit, click the Saved Planners link to the right.