About My Practice
What do you do and how can it help me?
- Financial planning services
- Planning now will reduce anxiety you may be feeling about your future
- Investment design and consultation services for those who want to manage their own accounts
- Investment design and management services for those who want on-going professional management
- Professional investment design, consultation and management breaks the cycle of emotional investing that causes many people to take the wrong action at the wrong time.
How do you do what you do?
We help you figure out what you want to plan for e.g., college, retirement, etc, and work with you to draft a financial plan that addresses each item on the list. Every financial planning client receives a written plan which may be a comprehensive plan or focused on only those issues which interest you most. Investment design and management services are tailored to your personal tolerance for risk and your desired rate of return. Accounts we manage are monitored through quarterly performance reports and personal review meetings.
What about trust?
We are fiduciaries - your interests ALWAYS come first. We are completely transparent in our disclosure and will provide whatever information you require to make you feel comfortable, including client references. If we manage accounts for you, all assets are held with third-party custodians including Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, E-Trade and Vanguard and you have full access to your accounts via secure websites. All fees and costs are fully disclosed.
What does it cost?
- Everyone gets a free one hour initial meeting to get acquainted
- Financial plans are $500 to $2,500 depending on the scope of the plan
- Financial planning can also be done at $150 per hour
- Investment design and consultation for those who will manage their own accounts is $150 per hour
- Investment management is generally 1% of assets under management charged quarterly (1/4 of 1% per quarter) or by flat fee retainer
- There is no minimum account size for our investment management services and you are not required to hire us to manage your investment accounts to gain access to our services
Kim Miller began his career in financial services in 1982 as a consultant to public school teachers and has a broad range of experience in investments, insurance and all facets of financial planning. Kim is a graduate of the University of Washington and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ PRACTITIONER. He is a member of the Financial Planning Association, a professional association that promotes the financial planning process. In his spare time he plays the guitar, rides a bike and likes to travel.
Registrations, Licenses, Certifications & Affiliations
Securities Registrations or Exam Qualifications
Series 63, 65
Designations & Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.
Your planner has been saved.
To view, print, or e-mail your saved planners anytime during your visit, click the Saved Planners link to the right.