These awards recognize individual professionals (e.g. CFP®, attorney, professor, journalist), financial planning firms, FPA chapters, or organizations who engage in extraordinary work, contributing and giving back to the financial planning community and public through financial planning.
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is at the heart of financial planning connecting those who deliver, support and need financial planning. Recipients embody the heart of financial planning and represent FPA's Core Values of integrity, competence, dedication to relationship building and stewardship.
FPA is seeking nominations for the 2013 Heart of Financial Planning Awards that will be presented at FPA Experience 2013, October 19-21, 2013 in Orlando, Fla.
The deadline for nominations is July 1, 2013. Nominations should be in the form of a one- to three-page letter and include the following information:
- Your affiliation with the nominee (FPA member, chapter leader, employee, associated professional, etc.).
- Clarify the nominee's excellence in demonstrating FPA's Core Values; and the nominee's extraordinary service and stewardship to contribute or give back to the financial planning community and/or the public.
- Explain why your nominee should be considered for this award? Focus on key points and provide specific examples to support your recommendation. If you are recommending a company or organization, focus on the contributions of the company or organization.
- Be succinct, make every word count.
- Make the ending strong, providing a summary of why you are recommending the nominee.
Please note that FPA national staff or national board members who have served in the past 2 years are not eligible for nomination; additionally, individuals may not self-nominate. Send your nomination letter via email, mail or fax to:
Heart of Financial Planning Awards
Financial Planning Association
7535 E. Hampden Ave.
Denver, Colo. 80231
Download the Nomination Form (Word Doc)
- Nomination Tips (PDF | 81KB)
- Sample Nomination Forms (PDF | 59KB)
Recipients of the Heart of Financial Planning Awards from 2006 to present:
- George Kinder, CFP®, RLP®
- Ross Levin, CFP®
- Gary Morris, CFP®
- Nancy Schwarztmiller
- Bonnie Stanley
- Robert N. Veres
- Blankinship & Foster
- FPA of New York - Pro Bono Committee
- Humberto Cruz Gwen Fletcher, AFPA, QPIB
- Patricia Garman, CFP®
- Larry Johnson, CFP®
- Royce Monk, CFP®
- Bobbie Munroe, CFP®
- James Russell
- Parker James Tissot, CFP®
- Dr. William Gustafson, Ph.D, M.S.
- Peter Kote, JD Dee Lee, CFP®
- Jeffry Sessions, CFP®
- Ken Williams, CFP®, CPA, M.B.A.
- Bob Kaitz
- Charles Fitzgerald, CFP®
- Clare Stenstrom, CFP®
- William Stratton, CFP®
- Don Blandin
- Mark Clark
- Saundra Davis, MSFP
- Michael Kitces, MSFS, CFP®, CLU, ChFC
- Keith Loveland, J.D., AIFA, CIDA
- Brent A. Neiser, CFP®, CAE
- Don Pitti (posthumous award)
- Karin Price Mueller
- Frank Paré, CFP®
- Assemblyman Gary S. Schaer
- John Comer, CFP®
- Judith Volkmann, Esq., CFP®
- Marco Chavarín
- Nicholas A. Nicolette, CFP®
- Robert Glovsky, JD, LLM, CFP®
- Jon Beyrer, CFP®, EA
- Reed Fraasa, CFP®, AIF®, RLP®
- Omega Hartman, CFP®
- Anja Luesink, MBA, CFP®, RLP®
- Ruth Lytton, Ph.D.
- Kathy Muldoon, CFP®
- John R. (Dick) Power, CFP®
- Neal J. Solomon, CFP®, CLU, ChFC, CASL
- Richard E. Vodra, JD, CFP®
- David Yeske, DBA., CFP®