Watch the following videos featuring FPA 2012 Chair Martin Kurtz, CFP®, AIFA®:
- Disclosure and Consent
- Realms of Virtue Transportation Vehicle to Values
- Where Do Fiduciary Duties Lead Us?
FPA® is the community that fosters the value of financial planning, and advances the practice and profession of financial planning.
Whereas the public expects to experience a high level of confidence, trust and clarity in relationships with professionals trained in the distinct process and discipline of financial planning, it is essential that they obtain a commitment of professional care, quality and excellence in the services they receive.
All financial planning services will be delivered in accordance with the following standard of care:
- Put the client's best interests first.
- Act with due care and in utmost good faith.
- Do not mislead clients.
- Provide full and fair disclosure of all material facts.
- Disclose and fairly manage all material conflicts of interest.
At FPA, our Core Values represent who we are. They describe our intended state of being. They are so integral to our being that we would not abandon them even if we were penalized for holding them. We want to attract as members those who share our values:
Our dedication to competence requires not only lifelong learning, but also that we continually assess our ability to appropriately and effectively address the needs of those we serve.
We strive to have ever more congruence between our words and deeds, and to deliver genuine value to those whom we serve.
We are committed to open, inclusive and respectful relationships, including collaboration among diverse parties on common interests.
We recognize our responsibility to act with vision, ever mindful of the effects of our actions today and tomorrow on the future.
From its earliest designs, the Financial Planning Association (FPA) included a mandate that members adhere to a Code of Ethics that reflects their commitment to help clients achieve their life goals. All FPA members are asked to commit to this Code, CFP® certificants and non-CFP® certificants alike.
FPA's Ethics Committee is charged by the Board of Directors with reviewing alleged violations to the Code of Ethics and advising staff on ways to enhance awareness by FPA members of their obligations under the Code.
Our Business Objectives describe actions we will take to achieve our Primary Aim. We seek to accomplish this through strong and active leadership in partnership with FPA's community of chapters.
- Unify the voice, focus and resources of the financial planning community, bringing together those who champion the financial planning process.
- Facilitate the success of our members and grow the organization.
- Cultivate the body of knowledge of personal financial planning.
- Advance awareness of the characteristics of professional financial planners and support the standards of the CFP® certification in order to serve the public.
- Define and effectively communicate a common understanding of the discipline of personal financial planning and the benefits of its use.
Destiny, Cause & Calling
Helping create a world where everyone thrives and prospers.
An inspired community transforming lives through inclusivity, innovation and collaboration.
Champion the heart of financial planning by leading people to grow, to act and to live their dreams.