Making a Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
One of the potential causes of the Great Recession was risk concentration—especially in the financial talent pool. Although there is no silver bullet for recovery, one approach showing the most promise is creating a more inclusive financial ecosystem:
· Engaging a broader talent pool to provide competitive advantage and increase revenue
· Tapping an increasingly diverse multicultural marketplace
· Driving innovation with new products and services that reduce risk and increase alpha
· Connecting on a deeper level with existing clients by better addressing their unique needs
· Understanding Gen Y and creating the foundation for intergenerational wealth
· Diversity management is not just about gender and race relations: it’s about leveraging different ideas, perspectives, backgrounds and experiences to achieve the best possible outcome.
How did SunTrust make generate more than $1 million dollars during the Great Recession?
Learn from Chief Diversity Officer Rita Izaguirre how SunTrust turned diversity and inclusion into a profit center by tapping the passion of diverse employees and implemented targeted business strategies to:
What are the major obstacles financial firms are facing in creating more diversity and inclusion in their ranks? Hear from a panel of financial industry professionals, including MetLife and Wells Fargo.
How does a firm take the best of what diversity and inclusion has to offer and operationalize it? What is the road map to turning a “mission” into meaningful action?
Pam Arnold, executive director of the American Institute for Managing Diversity, will take you step-by-step through:
· Identifying how diversity can be foundation for success and better performance: individually and collectively
· Understanding diversity management principles and how to put them into practice
· Anticipating, understanding and managing the needs and issues that emerge from an increasingly diverse marketplace
· Measuring results from your effort