Grants the CFP® mark
The KFPA is a professional organization whose mission is to benefit and protect the public, ultimately contributing not only to the advancement of the financial industry and system but also to the improvement of citizens' living standards by:
- Setting the qualifications for CFP® certificate, the highest quality license in financial service areas, and AFPK, a quality financial professional in each financial service area.
- Protecting the CFP certification mark and the service marks CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and CFP, and the AFPK certification mark and the service marks ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNER KOREA and AFPK.
- Developing and administering continuing post-certification requirements and disciplinary procedures for licensees.
- Encouraging both certification attainment and certification retention of those persons licensed, enhancing the professionalism of those engaged in the exercise and pursuit of personal financial planning.
- Introducing and settling advanced financial systems and cases which are conducive to the financial well-being of the community into Korea.
Chief Elected Leader: Chairman Byung Chul Yoon
Chief Staff Officer: Francis Sung-lark Rim
Membership: 2,312 members with 77 CFP licensees