Consumer Speaking Opportunities
Staff Contact: Public Awareness
Description: Speak to employees, professionals, students and other public groups on various financial planning topics.
Qualifications for service: An individual member must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be an FPA member in good standing who is a CFP® practitioner
- Abide by FPA's Code of Ethics and agree to uphold to FPA's Standard of Care
- Adhere to FPA's Volunteer Speaker Guidelines
Additional Information: A member must complete the FPA Speaker Agreement acknowledging that:
- FPA and the requesting organization will not pay the FPA member a fee for speaking at the event
- The requesting organization may record the session and redistribute it for a free to its constituents
- The presentation for the FPA member speaker will conduct is informational only. The FPA speaker will not reference or promote his/her company or any products/services.
- The FPA speaker will not actively distribute his/her business cards or solicit clients. However, if an audience member specifically requests a business card, the FPA speaker may provide one.
To learn more about volunteering for this opportunity, please contact Public Awareness.