Click here to see why FPA members support diversity.
As the Heart of Financial Planning™, Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is dedicated to providing knowledge, advocacy, community, and leadership to all those who need, support and deliver professional financial planning. FPA believes that everyone, no matter what their situation or economic status, can benefit greatly from the experience and advice of a competent, ethical financial planner.
FPA seeks to raise awareness and promote an environment that embraces diverse communities of consumers and professionals. In so doing, FPA strives to increase opportunities and access for the widest spectrum of people so that all may join, collaborate and thrive within an inclusive financial planning community.
- FPA appreciates and embraces a diversity of people, ideas, skills and life experiences including but not limited to; age, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation.
- FPA embraces professionals from all business/compensation models, educational backgrounds, and geographic regions to meet the unique needs of the clients they serve.
- FPA strives to create opportunities for all people to have access to competent and ethical financial planning advice.
- FPA values and respects the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide.
- FPA believes that diversity of its membership is critical to serving a diverse public, and is committed to helping create a world where everyone thrives and prospers.
Click here to read FPA's Diversity Statement.
Join the Discussion! For information about getting involved with FPA Diversity Committee, email FPADiversity@FPAnet.org
FPA Diversity Scholarships
Apply now for the 2013 Diversity Scholarship
The FPA Diversity Committee developed a merit-based scholarship program to sponsor Diversity Scholarship award recipients to attend a FPA national conference, collaborate with the FPA community, and promote inclusivity and creativity within the financial planning profession.
The scholarship is available for the following national conferences:
· FPA Business Solutions
· FPA Retreat
· FPA Annual Conference
InvestmentNews Features one of our 2011 Diversity Scholarship Winners, Lazetta Braxton.
Michael D. Schiele, one of our 2011 Diversity Scholarship Winners, is Helping Underserved Populations in his Community
FPA Diversity Summit 2012
Communicating for a Diverse Tomorrow:
Diversity Management in your Financial Planning Practice
The American marketplace is becoming increasingly diverse rapidly. For today’s financial planner to be successful, they must be able to communicate with a variety of clients, using effective techniques and mediums. Successfully targeting diverse audiences can result in an increased client base and more successful relationships.
Diversity management is not just about gender and race relations: it’s about leveraging different ideas, perspectives, backgrounds and experiences to achieve the best possible outcome.
Join us for a three-session program to realizing the potential of diversity management and communication in financial planning.
Learn more about the FPA 2012 Diversity Summit.