Watch a short video that focuses on the value of FPA membership.
At FPA, you’ll always find your home.
• Current members: Learn about our new benefits, resources and opportunities that increase the value of your membership. For a full listing of member benefits click on your membership type below.
• CFP® Professionals: Find out how FPA can help you at every stage of your career. Unique benefits, the latest in practice management and knowledge, more ways to connect to and learn from your peers than ever before and tailored services that help you grow as a CFP® professional.
• Allied professionals: Your support of financial planning is vital and FPA connects you with your colleagues, including the largest group of CFP® professionals in any membership association today.
• Academic leaders & Students: If you are studying or teaching financial planning, we have in-person, online and virtual experiences that can provide you with research, discussion groups, learning opportunities and much more.
• International: Financial planning is a global profession and growing every day. FPA’s virtual membership is perfect for those who reside outside the U.S. but want to benefit from our vast array of offerings.
A CFP® professional who actively practices or supports financial planning and has been a FPA member for 3 or more years.
A CFP® professional who actively practices or supports financial planning and is in his/her 2nd year of FPA membership.
A CFP® professional who actively practices or supports financial planning and is in his/her 1st year of FPA membership.
A candidate for CFP® certification who has passed the CFP® Board Certification Exam and is working on the experience requirement. Available until CFP® certification is attained (maximum 3 yrs.)
An individual who is not a CFP® professional but delivers personal financial service(s) to the public and may use the financial planning process in his/her work.
An individual who is not a CFP® professional but who works directly with financial planners to support their practice of financial planning and/or their delivery of financial planning services to the public.
An individual who teaches full-time in a CFP® Board-registered degree program, certificate program or a related finance/business high school or degree program with the ultimate interest of supporting students who wish to pursue financial planning as a career.
An individual enrolled in a CFP® Board certificate program with a plan of pursuing a career as a CFP® professional.
An individual enrolled in a full time graduate or undergraduate finance or business program or related degree with a plan of pursing a financial planning career.
A professional who practices in the financial planning profession and currently resides outside the United States.
Available for active FPA members who have reached full retirement age (as defined by SSA) and, if employed as a business professional, work less than an average of 20 hours per week calculated on an annual basis.
This membership type is available by phone only. Please call member services at 800.322.4237; option 2.