by Carly Schulaka
The Financial Planning Association strives to bring members effective and actionable practice management resources. FPA is committed to helping members build and maintain successful planning practices, and the Practice Management Solutions Editorial Advisory Board is an integral part of that commitment.
Composed of new and veteran planners, and top practice management experts, the editorial advisory board serves FPA staff as our firsthand account into the day-to-day practice management struggles and successes happening at financial planning practices across the country. The board holds quarterly conference calls that consistently prove energetic and engaging, in which we discuss hot topics and identify practice management issues to be addressed in the magazine and online.
The Practice Management Solutions Editorial Advisory Board provides information, feedback and guidance to the FPA editorial staff. The advisory board's goal is to collaborate with FPA staff to create a practice management magazine and an online Practice Management Center that provide relevant, timely and actionable information.
The editorial advisory board is comprised of FPA members who are actively involved in the financial planning profession and have an interest in and passion for practice management topics and issues. Members commit to serve a term of one year.
The edit staff thanks current advisory board members for their dedication to improving FPA's practice management efforts. Your ever-improving Practice Management Solutions magazine and new FPA Practice Management Center are in large part due to their collective wisdom. With appreciation, we recognize:
- Carol Anderson, president and CEO of Money Quotient, Poulsbo, Wash.
- Norman Boone, CFP®, president of Mosaic Financial Partners Inc., San Francisco
- Vern Hayden, CFP®, president and founder of Hayden Wealth Management, Westport, Conn.
- David C. Huxford Jr., president of Huxford & Associates, Oakland, Md.
- Scott Kahan, CFP®, president and wealth manager of Financial Asset Management Corp., New York
- Deena Katz, CFP®, chairman of Evensky & Katz, Coral Gables, Fla., and professor in the Division of Personal Financial Planning at Texas Tech University
- Joe Pitzl, CFP®, director of financial planning at Intelligent Financial Strategies, Edina, Minn.
- Robert Rall, CFP®, founder of Rall Capital Management, Merritt Island, Fla.
- Lewis Walker, CFP®, CIMC, CRC, owner of Walker Capital Management Corp., Norcross, Ga.
- Bill Winterberg, CFP®, technology consultant and owner of www.fppad.com, Dallas
To find out more about how to become involved in the Practice Management Solutions Editorial Advisory Board, contact Carly Schulaka at Carly.Schulaka@FPAnet.org.